1/2 lb. fingerling potatoes (GBFood)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 large leek, cut in half lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced (GBFood)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Portobello mushroom, washed, stems removed, sliced, and coarsely chopped (GBFood)
10 Crimini mushrooms, washed, stems trimmed, and quartered
½ cup beef broth
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire
4, 10 oz. buttered pastry dishes or ramekins
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup cold butter, sliced
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
4-5 Tablespoons ice water
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, add potatoes and enough water to cover, plus 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain rinsing immediately with cold water. Set aside to cool.
2. To make crust, mix together in a medium bowl flour, salt, butter, and shortening. Use a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, blending with a fork, until dough is just moist enough to come together.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions and shape into balls. On a lightly floured board with floured rolling pin, roll out each ball into a 10 inch round. Gently fit each dough into pastry dish, leaving dough open and hanging over the edges. Set aside.
4. In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and leek, stirring frequently as to not burn the leek, cooking until very tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to separate bowl. Set aside.
5. Return Dutch oven to stove over medium-low heat. Melt butter, and add garlic sautéing for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, stirring for 3 minutes. Add broth, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for 10 more minutes, stirring often.
6. Meanwhile, chop potato into small bite-size pieces.
7. Return potatoes, onion-leek mixture, and Worcestershire sauce to Dutch even, stirring to combine. Turn off heat and spoon mixture evenly into the 4 prepared crusts. Fold crust edges up and over mixture leaving an opening in the center.
8. Place the 4 dished on a jelly-roll pan, and place 1 large sheet of tin foil over the top. Put the pan into the oven before turning on the oven. Set oven to 400 degrees F. When oven reaches temperature, cook for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 20 minutes, until bubbling and crust in browned.
Click here to place your weekly order with Green Buffalo Food.